It’s Easter weekend! Who’s excited for a long weekend break, spending time with family and (of course) eating lots and lots of chocolate?! We certainly are, and in the run up to Easter at Thames Rockets HQ we’ve been busy we’ve compiling 10 egg-stremely interesting Easter facts for you, to make Easter a whole lot more egg-citing!
DID YOU KNOW?
1. In 2012, London's Covent Garden hosted the world's biggest-ever Easter egg hunt – a record still held to this day!
2. The UK's first ever chocolate egg was produced back in 1873 – an amazing innovation at the time!
3. Every child in the UK receives an average of 8.8 Easter eggs every year (which is still not enough).
4. If you think Easter eggs are getting more expensive, in 2007 an Easter egg covered in diamonds sold for almost £9 million!
5. The tallest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy in 2011. Standing 10.39m tall and weighing 7,200kg. That’s a lot of chocolate!
6. A household spends an average of £75 on Easter each year. That’s a 'cracking' lot of money!
7. Sales at Easter time make up an incredible 10% of UK chocolate spending for the whole year!
8. When eating a chocolate bunny, 76% of people bite the ears off first.
9. In the US, 90 million chocolate bunnies and 91.4 billion eggs are produced each year.
10. Still in the US, The White House hosts an Easter Egg Roll on the front lawn every Easter Sunday.
What have you got planned for this Easter? Maybe you want to make an egg bigger than the world record? Or perhaps you would like to create your own Easter Egg Roll like the White House? Or do you want to experience an Easter Hunt like no other? If so you need to hop on down to the London Eye Pier to join us for our Easter Eggs-pedition! With Easter fact files in paws you’ll search the banks of the River Thames to find all the hidden Easter tourist attractions whilst sailing along the famous river. Tick off the spectacular landmarks to earn yourselves heaps of Easter chocolate. You’ll be screaming with egg-citement whilst being on board the fastest Easter bunny chase in the capital. Make Easter perfect this year with this ‘cracking’ adventure!
*The Easter Eggs-pedition is only available until Monday 22nd April 2019 so be sure to book your tickets soon!