Terms and Conditions
By making a booking with Thames Rockets Ltd (“TR”) you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Sailings are operated entirely by Thames Rockets Ltd.
The London Eye Pier is operated by Lastminute.com London Eye who are operated by Merlin Entertainment Group.
TR shall not be liable to any passenger whilst on The London Eye Pier or surrounding areas.
Tickets may be purchased either individually or a vessel may be hired exclusively (referred to as a “Private Charter”).
The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is twelve (12). Babies, toddlers and third party tour guides all count towards this final and maximum passenger number.
Unless a boat has been chartered, groups of 12 persons will not always travel in the same boat, unless previously arranged with TR.
All persons sailing on the vessel must pay for admission prior to boarding.
TR operate a paperless ticketing policy, e-tickets must be retained at all times and presented for inspection if required by any employee or agent of TR.
Any person attempting to gain admission to the vessel without a valid e-ticket will be denied passage.
'24 hour rebooking promise' - any confirmed booking date and/or time for a public departure can be amended with a minimum 24hrs notice served and acknowledged in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets within 24 hours are strictly non-transferable, except at the complete discretion of TR. Please note an administrative fee may apply of up to 50%.
1. All bookings are non-refundable. Payment is due at the time of booking as TR prepare for your arrival.
2. A minimum of eight passengers is permitted for each sailing. Vessels that are not filled by the minimum number will be rescheduled. Passengers will be contacted to arrange an alternate date and/or time to travel.
3. TR reserve the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs or due to other company commitments. On occasion government bodies may influence changes to operations.
4. TR use all reasonable endeavors to ensure the service operates. However, reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, without prior notice to cancel a departure on the instruction of the skipper. In the event of such cancellation, TR will fully refund any visitor whose ride is cancelled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability for related expenses, including travel.
5. All prices are in pounds sterling, no VAT is added to any booking.
6. Direct customers booking a specific date and time will be offered third party optional ticket insurance provided by TicketPlan, this is not applicable to vouchers and/or affiliate partners. TicketPlan refund promise is available to view here, updated terms here for bookings placed after 01/11/2023.
7. No ticket/booking may be resold without the previous written consent of TR.
8. TR reserve the right where necessary, or dictated, to deviate from a vessel’s planned route.
9. Due to the nature of the river sailing times cannot be guaranteed, however, every effort is made to keep on schedule.
10. The lead passenger, named against the booking, takes full responsibility for all members within their party.
11. All passengers should arrive at The London Eye Pier (or agreed amended meeting point) no less than 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
12. If you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-determined departure time our boarding team will endeavor to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your lead passenger will be available on.
13. TR will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to impact later departure times. TR are not responsible for factors out of direct control, to include; late running travel services, traffic or parking restrictions (this is not an exhaustive list).
14. On occasion TR may act as a managing agent for larger group bookings where boats may be supplied by alternate companies. In this instance passengers are protected by their insurance, duty of care and terms and conditions. TR will not be liable for third party operators.
15. Where TR work with third party operators in any joint, public or add-on experience package only services under express control are guaranteed for delivery by TR. Partner and public experiences are the responsibility of the third party supplier and as such their terms and conditions apply.
2. Private Transfers and Charters
1. The maximum number of persons allowed per boat is twelve (12).
2. All private transfers and charters must be paid for in full prior to the date of sailing.
3. A vessel may only be privately chartered by persons aged 18 years or over.
4. Child to Adult ratio’s onboard (without exception) are as follows, under 6 years=3 adults, 7 to 12 years=2 adults, 12+=1 adult.
5. TR are able to suggest approximate timings based on the logistics of your booking but will only be liable for TR service.
3. Medical Conditions & Pregnancy
1. The decision to sail and the consequences of doing so are entirely at the passenger’s own risk.
2. TR does not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
3. Without exception, expectant mothers are not permitted on-board at any stage of their pregnancy.
4. TR advises you not to travel if you have any historical or current neck or back conditions or complaints.
5. Thames Rockets does not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
6. All boats can experience unpredictable movements that can aggravate some existing medical conditions.
7. Passengers displaying known symptoms of Coronavirus should not travel to the attraction, but instead make immediate contact with head office (020 7928 8933).
4. Property and Safety Equipment
1. It is possible that passengers will experience spray from the river or in some cases water on the deck, passengers are responsible for their own property.
2. TR cannot accept liability for any property damaged or lost due to unpredictable movements on the water or weather damage.
3. Lifejackets are provided and must be worn at all times. A full safety briefing will include instruction on the inflation of life jackets to be followed in the event of an emergency.
4. If lifejackets are manually inflated and/or damaged with intent and where no emergency has taken place, a £75.00 repacking fee will be charged per jacket.
5. All wet weather and safety equipment must be returned to TR at the end of your experience.
5. Comfort and Wellbeing
1. Passengers will not be permitted to board if TR find that individual has:
- been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of TR, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of TR has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
- used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- offensive weapons or dangerous articles about their person, visitors may be subject to stop and search.
2. Smoking is strictly prohibited on any vessel, the boarding platform and The London Eye Pier.
3. Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the vessel unless previously agreed with TR. TR reserve the right to disembark any passenger at any time during the passage without payment of compensation if found consuming alcohol or unprescribed drugs.
4. Passengers deemed intoxicated will be denied entry at the complete discretion of the skipper.
5. Animals are prohibited on any vessel, except for guide dogs which should have prior arrangement with TR.
6. Unnecessary noise, or any behaviour likely to cause disturbance to other visitors is not permitted.
7. TR request you are respectful of crew, other passengers and neighbours.
8. Whilst on-board refrain from obscurities, profanities or any indecent hand/body gestures to members of the public or other river users.
9. No food or beverage may be consumed on the vessel without express permission of TR.
10. Poor weather will not be deemed a valid reason to authorise relocation of any booking, please refer to our 24hr rebooking promise.
11. Children are deemed to be 14 years and younger, any person with a child ticket must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
12. Passengers must remain seated at all times during their experience except when directly instructed by a representative of TR that it is safe to embark/disembark.
13. Wheelchair users are welcomed but there is no space for wheelchairs onboard the vessel, you will need to board with a carer's assistance and able to sit unaided on-board, our crew will assist where possible.
6. Packages and Partnerships
1. Thames Rockets cannot accept responsibility for third party operations and experiences, specific terms and conditions apply, as follows:
The London Eye (Rocket Revolution)
The View From The Shard (Highest Fastest)
Brigits Bakery (Typsy Thames Tea Tour)
Up at the O2 (Rocket Up at the O2)
2. Unless otherwise stated it is the customer's responsibility to travel between attraction venues in time for check-in.
1. From time to time TR or other authorised parties will carry out photography and/or video recording which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, passengers agree that such images may be used in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format. Copyright of these materials rests with TR or such authorised party.
2. Personal photography is permitted, where customers request crew handle their personal equipment TR will not be liable for any damage incurred as a result.
1. Vouchers purchased at full RRP are valid for twelve months from the date of issue, both booking and sailing date should fall within the redemption period.
2. An extension of three months can be applied for and will incur a 25% administration fee as standard. The voucher needs to be active (within date) in order to apply
3. An extension of six months will incur a 40% administration fee. The voucher needs to be active (within date) in order to apply.
4. Up to two extensions can be applied for, after this time vouchers will automatically expire.
5. Promotional vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of purchase (unless otherwise stated) including Red Friday and January sales. Extensions to promotional vouchers are not permitted.
6. Reseller/Third party/Agent vouchers will expire as per their related booking terms and conditions.
9. Complaints and Feedback
1. Passenger complaints should be brought to the attention of the crew on the day of your sailing.
2. Any further complaint must be put in writing no less than seven days following the experience date to email@example.com.
3. TR will respond to your correspondence within 72 hours, however, on occasion and where an internal investigation is necessary this can take longer.
10. Business Customers Only
1. Unless a credit account has been agreed, all confirmed bookings must be accompanied by payment in full.
2. For credit account holders, payment should be made within 15 days of receipt of invoice. Late payment of invoices will result in the removal of any discount/credit offered.
3. For amended bookings commission should be added to the total quoted and/or invoiced amount prior to quoting the end client/s.
4. No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of TR. If TR reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without consent, the holder may be refused entry without payment of compensation.
5. Prices shown are in pounds sterling, no VAT is applicable. Where overseas transactions are being processed the amount received should cover the invoice in its entirety, taking into account current exchange rates and fees.
6. You will be responsible at all times for the behaviour and conduct of your clients and/or guests. It is your duty to ensure they have received and understood the terms and conditions prior to sailing.
7. You may not use or adopt any TR trading names, trademarks, promotional images or other intellectual property rights (or those of any of our businesses) without having first obtained formal consent.
8. You may not produce, distribute or otherwise use any such materials without TR prior written approval.
9. You will not use any such marks in combination with any other mark, name, word, device, symbol or logo without our prior written approval.
10. You will use such marks (including as respects colour, printing, style, typeface and proportion) only in the form directed by TR.
11. You will not do anything that in common opinion could bring any such mark, TR or TR shareholders into disrepute or damage the goodwill attaching to any such mark on TR.
Thames Rockets 2023 Company Registration Number 07412962.