There will be plenty of colour and fanfare at St. Kats this weekend!
St. Katharine Docks, central London’s only marina, will be hosting the 9th annual ‘Classic Boat Festival’ this September and following extensive refurbishment of the docks themselves this year is set to be bigger and better than ever before.
This weekend over 40 vessels will be proudly on display from vintage sail boats to motor boats, as well as waterside activities and attractions. Of course, where there is a boat party Thames Rockets are never far away…
(See classic vessels including the royal barge ‘Glorianna’)
Come and meet us on site at our own stand in the docks to say hi and learn all about our newest, freshest and speediest adventure – ‘Thames Taster’. This 15 minute blast from St Katharine Pier is the perfect way to fire up any packed schedule in London.
In association with Totally Thames Festival, the Classic Boat Festival is a celebration of beautiful vintage boats taking place on the weekend of the 8th to the 10th September, with more packed into this year’s festival than ever before.
In addition to the numerous sailing and motor boats to climb aboard and explore, St Katharine Docks has an exciting programme of events and internationally inspired food and drink offerings to try. What’s not to like?!
(The boat show is not just a feast for the eyes)
Expect waterside activities like ‘Stand-up Paddle Boarding’ and ‘Canoe Taster Sessions’, plus an array of nautical stalls and children’s activities at this annual fun day for the entire family.
The festival will be spanning three days, giving even more of you an opportunity to come down and enjoy the sights, sounds and delights throughout this wonderful celebration.
As well as a chance to meet members of the Thames Rockets team we’ve selected a few other choice highlights that we think you will enjoy…
1. Classic Boats – your chance to climb aboard and explore dozens of amazing vintage work, pleasure and sailing boats including Little Dunkirk Ships.
2. ‘The Market Place’ – featuring family activities, food stalls and live entertainment, including the National Youth Jazz Orchestra.
3. ‘Future Dust’ – Artist Maria Arceo (picture below), as part of Totally Thames Festival 2017, has been collecting plastic from over 40 beaches along the tidal Thames and has created an art piece that aims to visualise the scale of plastic litter that is found on the shores of our home.
4. The Great River Race – Head over to the riverside on Saturday and cheer on the 330 crews taking part in London’s river marathon. The race is likely to be passing St. Katharine Pier between 1pm and 2pm – don’t forget to give us a wave!
5. Moo Canoes – Fun to say and fun to do too! Within the safety of St. Katharine Docks try a taster sessions with the Thames funkiest canoe crew!
So don your sailing hats and practice your ‘sheepshanks’ – we look forward to seeing you all there!
Find the amazing St. Katharine Docks located here, just east of Tower Bridge.