It’s been another busy, busy year for all the team at Thames Rockets! Once again we’ve taken tens of thousands of you out on the Thames again this year for super-speed hijinks and sight-seeing. As we are propelled to the end of another year, we’ve compiled a list of our top moments and memories of 2016.
Our 2016 Top Ten Highlights
10) Our latest addition to the menu, ‘Thames Lates’. Who knew speedboats, sunsets and cocktails could prove to be such a popular combo? Thanks to our new pals at London Cocktail Club for joining us in our quest to bring new experiences to the river!
9) Helping the brave pups on Sky One’s ‘Dogs Might Fly’. They were very well behaved while on-board (as was Jamie Theakston!).
8) Changing our name from London RIB Voyages to Thames Rockets. It was a lot of hard work but we love our new speedy name and you all seem to as well!
7) We’ve managed to help and support almost 200 good causes and charities in 2016.
6) Being part of the Oxford and Cambridge boat race is always a highlight, and this year was no exception.
5) Ok, it’s a little premature, but we are expecting one of our biggest highlights of the year to come at the very end of it! Our New Year’s Eve extravaganza has been sold out since mid December and promises to be a night to remember.
4) Being part of the ‘on water’ armistice day services and taking the amazing guys from The Royal British Legion Becontree Chadwell Heath out on the Thames so they could be part of the service.
3) We have been shortlisted for the 2017 Visit England Award for Excellence. We can’t wait until April 2017 to see if we have won!
2) Still being rated as London’s No1 boat operator for the 6th consecutive year on TripAdvisor, all thanks to our amazing passenger feedback.
1) Our number one for 2016? Our 10th Birthday of course! We can’t believe we’ve spent a decade whizzing and guiding you all around the Thames, and we’ve got every intention of whizzing you around for another 10. Strap yourselves in… we’ve only just begun.